Knowing The Common Foods That Could Be Dangerous To Your Dog’s Health…
Rottweiler care is something you should take to heart. Providing your dog with the care he needs is more than just giving him a warm place to sleep, exercise and food. Care is also about knowing what can harm your dog, and keeping him protected from these dangers.
Your Rottweiler, even when he is an adult, is very much like a child. In other words, he doesn’t always make the best decisions when it comes to his diet, because he doesn’t know any better. Therefore, it is your job, as part of Rottweiler care, to ensure the food your dog eats won’t hurt or kill him.
The following is a list of some of the foods that can be harmful or even fatal to Rottweilers and dogs in general:
- Avocados – Everything avocado related (plant, fruit and pit) is hazardous to dogs, and can cause damage to your Rotties heart, lungs and other tissue.
- Onions – This food, in all its forms, actually destroys your dog’s blood cells, and over time can cause serious damage in your dog.
- Garlic – Dogs like garlic, and small amounts won’t hurt them. However, as part of Rottweiler care, you should never allow your dog excessive amounts, as garlic can have the same negative affects as onions.
- Grapes and raisins – These foods can cause your Rotties kidneys to fail
- Fatty or fried human food – This can cause pancreaitis.
Other dangers foods that should be avoided when considering Rottweiler care include, but are not limited to:
- Dairy products
- Fruit pits and seeds
You will also discover when you investigate Rottweiler care that many large breeds can develop a condition called “Bloat” if they eat salty foods and drink too much water after. Bloat is a deadly condition that causes the dog’s stomach to fill with gas and twist.
Make sure you find out about all the foods that are a health risk for your dog, and keep them out of his system. However, should your dog ingest harmful foods, the best action you can take for Rottweiler care is to call your vet or poison control.